Revision Date: February 3, 2018
If you have registered to receive marketing communications from us and later change your mind, you may opt out of receiving direct marketing or promotional communications in electronic or printed form by writing us at the Contact Us information set out below, or by sending us an email with “unsubscribe” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you opt-out of receiving marketing information from us, we may still contact you concerning your specific transactions and/or communications with us.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We may collect personal information, including your first and last name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, transaction information, credit or debit card information, and certain size measurements. We may collect this information when you:
- make a purchase at our online store;
- save your information with us online or visit our site (Cookies);
- open a customer account with us;
- opt in for emails or newsletter or other marketing materials;
- participate in a contest, sweepstakes, promotion or survey;
- make inquiries concerning our merchandise or services; and/or
- are referred to us through a third-party marketing promotion.
To review or update personal information you’ve provided previously, log on to our site and click Account at the top right. You may update stored information here by clicking “Account Settings” or "Addresses". Be sure to save once you’ve completed your changes. You may also email Customer Service.
If you purchase merchandise or a gift card for another person, we will also collect personal information concerning the recipient in order to fulfill your request. We will assume that you have the recipient’s permission to use his or her personal information for this limited purpose.
HOW WE MAY USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the personal information we collect to:
- process, track and fulfill your order and contact you about the status of your order;
- if you consent to join our mailing list, to
- tell you about and administer our contests, sweepstakes and promotions;
- send you emails, catalogs, newsletters or other marketing materials about our merchandise or services; and
- send you surveys about our merchandise or services;
- calculate your BePear size to assist you with shopping on our site;
- respond to your inquiries regarding our merchandise or services;
- learn about your shopping preferences and improve your shopping experience;
- help us address issues with and improve our site and our merchandise and services; and/or
- protect the security and integrity of our site.
HOW WE MAY SHARE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may share your personal information for the purposes described above in the following ways:
- In the event of the sale or a merger of Bella Pear, LLC, owner of the BePear brand, any information we have collected may be among the assets transferred.
- We may share certain personal information with companies who provide certain services to us such as shipping, name and address verification, email distribution, and promotions management. We share only that information necessary for these companies to perform their requested services. Additionally, these companies are contractually obligated to protect this information and to use it for no other purpose.
- With any co-sponsors of contests, sweepstakes or promotions.
- With law enforcement upon request, as required by applicable law (such as by court order or subpoena), if necessary in connection with a fraud investigation, or to protect and defend our customers’ and our interests.
RETENTION AND STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws.
Our site uses “cookies” which are small data files stored on your computer’s hard drive or mobile device when you visit a site. Cookies may be used in a to enhance and personalize your online browsing and shopping experience. For instance, cookies allow us to remember what’s in your shopping cart, recognize you when you return to our site, track your orders, and monitor and maintain information about your visits. You may set your browser not to accept cookies (“do not track”) or to notify you when you receive cookies. If you do not accept cookies, you will need to re-enter your personal information each time you decide to make a purchase online.
THIRD PARTY ADS
We may, from time to time, use third party providers to place our internet ads. The provider may collect anonymous information about your visits to our site. The provider may also use information about your visits to this and other sites to target advertisements for merchandise and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag which is industry standard technology used by most major websites. No personally identifiable information is collected or used in this process. The provider does not know your first and last name, address, phone number, email address or any of your other personally identifiable information.
We, as well as our service providers such as our payment gateway partner, use various technologies and processes to help protect your information. Information such as your credit or debit card account number is transmitted through a secure server using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. However, absolute security can never be guaranteed.
We will never request your credit card or other personal information by email. If you receive an email that appears to be a request from us for personal information, do not respond as this may be a “phishing” scam designed to steal your information. Never include your credit or debit card number or other sensitive information in an email as it is not a secure means of transmitting information. We will only request such information during secure transactions on our site.
It is your responsibility to safeguard any password you create to access “My Account” and to sign-out when your visit is complete.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our site is not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that information has been submitted by someone who is under the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence, we will not use it. The child’s parent or guardian should contact us if we have inadvertently collected such personal information and we will delete it from our files.
UPDATING AND MODIFYING YOUR COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES
If you wish to update, delete or modify your personal information or do not wish to be contacted via email and/or telephone, please visit the Account section of our website or contact Customer Service. Provide your exact name and postal or email address so that we may identify you accurately. You may also unsubscribe from our email by using the link provided at the bottom of each email. If you ask us to remove you from marketing lists, we will maintain you on a “do not contact” list to ensure that we continue to honor your request. It may take up to 10 days to process your “do not email” request. If you purchase online, we will continue to confirm your order and shipment status via email, postal address or telephone.
402A W Palm Valley Blvd #343
Round Rock, TX 78664 email@example.com